I-94 Rubble

14 July 2009

Tuesday had to be more productive than Monday had been!  I started my day with breakfast with Kelly (of course!) and then a massage from Robert Ray. I did some computer work for a while, took a shower, visited with Kelly some more and finally could put off no longer, a trip to the bank.  I ran that errand and two others, (I took this photo while driving, of the mess that is the freeway in front of the faire site!)  and then headed to my ballet class. 

It’s been close to a year and a half now, I’m ashamed to admit, since I was an active part of my Dancing Minds and Bodies group.  I hope to remedy that in the fall. But, this class was long overdue for me.  I drove to the spot where I was meeting Carol, and she drove us the rest of the way to the facility she knew well, from years of being both a dancer there, and the mom of a dancer there.  Mount Prospect School of Classical Ballet—where a charming woman greeted me with a hug, just because I was with Carol, and introduced herself as Sue, the teacher!  We were almost late, but managed to squeak in just in time to grab spots at the barre.

I am not a good ballet dancer.  I’m not built for it!  But, I have a deep appreciation for the perfect foundation that ballet training is, for all other forms of dance.  And, as such, I love a good ballet barre class.  I worked my butt off—hopefully literally!  I know it will be sore, that’s for sure.  As we were working on the final combination at the barre, I realized my sore left foot thing, was going to prevent me from doing much of what was necessary in the rest of the class.  I have not the ability right now to releve  (pronounced: re*luh*vay—means “to rise.”) on my left foot.  I simply cannot hold my own body weight without severe pain.  I have no idea why—I only know it is intensely frustrating.  The class was great, though, and I am hopeful that I’ll be able to do more of it next week.  Heaven knows I need the workout.

After a brief Wal*mart stop on the way home, to pick up an ice pack for my foot, I got back to site around 10:30 p.m. where the beautiful trio of girls–Kelly, Delaenya and Ginger, were waiting for me to be the fourth for a few hands of mah jongg.  We enjoyed each other’s company until I simply couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer.  It was a hard day for me, between the endorphines of the massage and the exercise and pain of the ballet class.