My New Dressing Gown

3 December 2008

Well, I did it.  I took the bones of a project I began for myself at least seven years ago, fleshed it out, solved the problems that had aborted the work on it back then, and finished it enough to wear it!  Yay, me!

So, I have a new dressing gown.  I was hoping to also build a nice dressing gown for Kyle, but by the time I chose the fabric, and washed it and dried it (my dryer is acting funny), and started from scratch on it, so much of my day was behind me, that I’m afraid there won’t be time now to finish it. I am sad and disappointed—I really wanted him to have it.  But, I guess it, like so many other projects, will wait.  Tomorrow, I believe, I’ll have my hands full with errands and packing and such, and I expect I’ll not get much more sewing done before the weekend.

~MB